Saturday, October 23, 2010

What is the best route to bring if I want to work surrounded by the OR as a RN?

This is just for adjectives reference as I am more or less to start my first year of the RN program. I understand I will probably have need of a few years experience before I am competent to work in that nouns, but I was wondering if anyone know the best way to go and get into that department as far as any classes or which department I should start out. I eventually one day want to work contained by Surgery.What is the best route to bring if I want to work surrounded by the OR as a RN?
You're right, it never hurts to be a surgical tech for even a week or so to get to know the doctors formerly you ask them if you can be their RN. This is assuming that the hospital will not just assign you to the OR if you request it. A lot of nurses can't whip the blood and guts, so you should get surrounded by fine. You will probably just own to do some training on sterile technique, how the drills and saws work, etc... I'm sure another surgical RN would show you the ropes and after off you dance! =)
P.S. - Always put on the shoe covers even if it is not required. Doctors like to mull over they are very verbs but I can't count how many times my covers have blood on them after we were done beside OR cases. This could be blood you bring home and track on the carpet. =P
Look into programs for man a scrub nurse. Also you may want to check with which ever university you go to because you may necessitate to take a class or to around procedures, care, symptoms, etc etc. Look around and ask some folks if you call your local hospital(s) they may know how to tell you what they require for their nurses.

No comments:

Post a Comment